Abdominal distention is a symptom of various types of diseases, and the accumulation of gas or fluid in the abdominal cavity can be caused by improper diet. In the first case, you should consult a doctor, in the second – follow a diet. Today we look at the recommendations of a nutritionist and the best menu that will get rid of bloating.
The main causes of increased gas formation in adults
Abdominal distention is accompanied by a feeling of heaviness in the abdomen, belching and increased flatulence, and accountability. The accumulation of air (gases) most often occurs against the background of a number of diseases and conditions:
- aerophagia (swallowing air) and overeating;
- endocrinological disorders, in particular, diabetes mellitus;
- inflammatory bowel disease and gastrointestinal problems (colitis, reflux esophagitis, and others);
- hepatitis, cirrhosis of the liver;
- chronic constipation;
- violation of metabolic processes;
- parasitic infections;
- lactose intolerance, gluten, and many others.
Inconsistent abdominal distension may appear on the background of malnutrition, for example, frequent use of foods high in starch or sugar. Bad chewing and fast food intake, dysbacteriosis, sugary carbonated drinks, chewing gum are often caused by gas formation, but there are a lot of causes, but you must follow a strict diet, eliminating some foods from the diet.
What foods can cause bloating?
Often people who like to eat before bedtime suffer from bloating. Few people know that during sleep, metabolic processes slow down, so food is absorbed more slowly, which leads to increased gas formation. When bloating is to be from the use of the following products:
- fatty meat, fish, food with a crust, cooked in a lot of oil;
- legumes and lentils, in which there is a high content of oligosaccharides;
- rice, corn, cabbage, apricots, potatoes;
- fresh bread, buns, desserts, yeast dough that triggers the fermentation process;
- alcoholic beverages, any kind of highly carbonated mineral water;
- semi-finished products, sausage, sausages;
- hard-boiled eggs;
- sweets, cookies, sugar, honey, chocolate, and other simple carbohydrates;
- dairy products (for people suffering from lactose intolerance);
- products with gluten (vegetable protein).
Under the ban gets too salty, spicy and sweet food, fatty sauces, garlic, and other savory seasonings, black tea, and coffee. All these products are slowly absorbed and irritate the intestinal walls, creating a favorable environment for the reproduction of bacteria. If you suffer from abdominal distention, then you need to make a food diary in 3-5 days, which will determine the group of dangerous products.
Important! Please note that during the treatment of bloating, you should refuse to purchase and eat purchased food: dumplings, pancakes, pizza and other dishes. It is worth cooking at home by yourself, using a minimum amount of salt, natural and dry spices, sweeteners.
What foods can be consumed?
Nutritionists strongly recommend eating porridge (oatmeal, buckwheat, and others), which give the dividing feeling of saturation, are easily digested, normalize digestive processes. The diet is worth diversifying fermented milk products:
- cottage cheese,
- sour milk,
- natural yogurts (without sugar, dyes)
- sour cream.
Effectively struggling with a bloated abdomen dried and fresh dill, which can be added to the first and second dishes, beverages (vegetable juice, yogurt). By the way, with the help of dill water colic is treated, from which almost all newborn babies suffer. Consider other useful products:
- Cucumbers with low calorie and the ability to remove excess liquid;
- Bananas, an invaluable source of potassium. They give a long feeling of saturation, remove water from the body, and are indispensable in combating constipation
- Ginger and fennel seeds, which improve intestinal motility, break down proteins, significantly reducing gas formation;
- watermelon, pineapple, papaya. The first is a natural diuretic, the second and third effectively break down proteins. You can use this fruit in its natural form or drink fresh juice;
- Asparagus, which provides an excellent diuretic effect, helps to treat constipation.
Strong coffee, black tea, and cocoa should be replaced with mint and chamomile broths, which contribute to the removal of excess liquid and gases, relieve spasms. The use of lean meats (chicken, turkey, rabbit) and fish are acceptable, but not more than 2-3 times a week. You can eat pumpkin, zucchini, vegetable broth, drink compotes, and decoctions, made from a wild rose.
Tip! An excellent remedy for bloating is coconut water, 100 ml of which contains about 250-300 mg of potassium. It helps to eliminate flatulence and swelling, and also contributes to weight loss.
- Breakfast: oatmeal, cucumber salad.
- The second breakfast: cottage cheese, a glass of pineapple juice.
- Lunch: vegetable soup, mint tea.
- Tea time: a glass of yogurt.
- Supper: pike perch fishcake, buckwheat porridge, chamomile tea.
Please note that the number of meals can reach 5-6 per day, but the portions should be small. It is necessary to have breakfast, which will allow you to start metabolic processes, but you should eat dinner 3-4 hours before bedtime If before going to bed you are tormented by the feeling of hunger, then you can drink a small amount of tea or kefir.
Recommendations that will help to improve the state during the observance of the diet
Observing a diet with bloating, you should follow a number of simple recommendations:
- Do not hurry; do not eat on the go, chew food thoroughly.
- Avoid snacking; do not drink food with plenty of water, compote, sweetened tea or decoction. It is recommended to wash down after 15-30 minutes after breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Cook the dishes yourself in the oven, steamed or stew, trying to reduce the amount of vegetable and butter.
It is necessary to eat food in the form of heat, because hot and cold food, drinks too irritate the walls of the gastrointestinal tract. In most cases, the condition improves within the first days after the rejection of junk food, but if bloating does not go away after 3 days, accompanied by weakness, nausea, diarrhea or constipation, swelling, you should immediately consult a doctor.