We all heard about the negative effects of a sedentary lifestyle – primarily about obesity. According to experts, even with sedentary work, you can lose a few extra pounds. How to eat to lose weight and become slimmer? Read the nutritionist’s advice in our article and make sure that you eat properly without harming your waistline.
Effective ways to lose weight when sitting
Every person loses weight at different speeds. The main thing is to set reasonable goals in order not to be disappointed and not to give up halfway. If you spend a lot of time at work and cannot lose weight due to the tight schedule, do not give up the idea to stay in good shape – use the recommendations of experts in proper nutrition:
- Start your day with a glass of warm water with honey and lemon juice. This drink is very useful and will give you energy for the whole day. Next, prepare yourself a balanced breakfast that will help control hunger in the coming hours of work. And this is not a cup of coffee with a donut – better eat natural yogurt with fruit and muesli. Another option is eggs and cereal with milk.
- Do not skip meals, as this bad habit contributes to slower metabolism and overeating at the end of the day. And even if you do not get 6 small meals, then at least provide yourself with three meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- When sedentary work is not recommended to eat in the dining room, it is better to bring food from home: a large portion of salad with boiled chicken breast or turkey. In order to lose weight faster, the salad is best filled with low-fat yogurt with lemon juice or vegetable oil.
- Drink plenty of water. Water is the key to losing weight and is involved in hundreds of metabolic processes. Ensures the functioning of the body at an optimal level, increases energy. Sometimes you feel hungry, and in fact, you want to drink. Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water a day to fool your appetite and lose weight.
- Eat good quality foods and avoid eating those that give empty calories (chips, sweets, sodas) that tend to accumulate quickly. With each meal, try to eat fruits and vegetables, and be sure to include protein (breast, lean beef, and beans) and whole grains (corn, brown rice) in your daily diet.
You may also like: celebrities with anorexia
In the diet, focus on fat burning foods that increase metabolism and promote weight loss. These include:
- grapefruit and other citrus fruits;
- beans and lentils;
- lean bird, fish, cottage cheese;
- hot pepper, cumin, dill, turmeric;
- berries strawberries, raspberries, currants, cranberries, blueberries;
- Greek yogurt;
- Spinach and broccoli.
- To enhance the effect of burning fat, all these products are best consumed raw.
- Remove all processed foods and artificial sweeteners from your menu.
- Record everything you eat and drink. Take a count of calories; just make sure that you consume at least 1200 calories per day.
- As a snack at work, instead of buns and cookies, it is better to use cereal slices of bread, chopped carrots, sweet peppers, nuts, and dried fruits.
- Be sure to chew food thoroughly. It will increase the pleasure of eating and improve digestion. Studies have shown that those people who eat more slowly, feel faster fed.
- If you find yourself still not losing weight, reduce portion sizes.
You may also like to know: Bryce Harper Height
Opportunities for physical activity when sedentary work
The fact that you move a little at work does not mean that you should lead an absolutely sedentary lifestyle. Light stretching, walking up stairs, exercises for legs and hips during the day will help keep your muscles in good shape and burn those extra pounds.
If your office is not far away, there is nothing to worry about if you walk to it or walk by bike. To get to the office, avoid using the elevator.
During a working break, listen to relaxing music that will help reduce the production of cortisol, a hormone responsible for stress, cravings for carbohydrates and fat accumulation. And be sure to go for a walk in the afternoon!
Watch your posture: sit up straight. So you improve your mood and use more muscles to burn calories.
If you are very tired and feel overwhelmed at work, breathe deeply. Deep breathing stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system and helps reduce fat deposits on the abdomen.
Now you know what to do to not gain weight during sedentary work and lose weight!